Sunday, March 19, 2006

Albany GA, Maxxis-GA CUP Series Race Report from Colin A.

Albany GA, Maxxis-GA CUP Series Race Report from Colin A. Well, I am still in one piece physically. But mentally I am shattered. Maxxis cup was FAST. Out of 45 riders I finished 23rd overall for the weekend. But, I was just hanging on all the time. There was a crash in the crit that split the field. I was in it but didn't go down. Blew a tire though with 4 to go and couldn't get back on. TT was in the pouring rain. Best thing about it was that I kept the rubber side down. The RR was as fast as anything I have been in 20 years. We did 56 miles in 1hr and 51minutes. That's a 29 mph average!! Mr. Johnson our district rep. says that the 35+ class is the second fasted group in the region. Only bested by the pro 1,2 category.

No comments: