Monday, September 15, 2008

Blake Gill Race Report

I raced this past weekend in the Peachtree City southeast triathlon club championship race, Peachtree City, GA. The weather was pretty exciting...light rain on and off all morning with very gusty winds up to 35mph. I went into the race without having spent a lot of time on my swim training, but ending up with a PR anyway. The lake we swam in was like a swamp with all the grass and weeds that were in it! I took a lot of risks on the hilly wet bike leg, but made up some ground. I felt like I had the best run of the year, but ended up being a god bit slower than what i would have liked my pace to be. I ended up getting 161st out of 1100. 19th in the 25-29 age group, which i'm pretty proud of. This was my second triathlon ever and i'm hooked. I'm already researching training plans to get me ready for a half-ironman sometime next year!

No comments: